Monday, October 1, 2007

EDITORIAL LETTER

I recieved my "Editorial Letter" today! What this means is my editor has read my manuscript and is ready to give me her suggestions for revision. The hope is together we strengthen the overall message and globally tighten up the flow of language and information throughout the manuscript.

Her opening paragraph read:

Congratulations on completing your manuscript for ROCK STAR MOMMY. I’ve had the chance to read through the manuscript, and I have to tell you, I’m completely charmed by your story and the way you tell it. Your writing really draws the reader in, the narration is fast-paced, and your voice is very accessible. You should feel very proud—this is a wonderful accomplishment.

I can't wait to begin going over her comments. Unfortunately, I have a Athletic Booster meeting tonight, then I'm off to a PTSA Workshop. Tomorrow I am decorating a display case at the middle school, then I have a meeting for Religious Ed at St. Mary (I'm helping teach again this year) and after that I'm off to a Band Boosters meeting at the High School. Wednesday Dylan has a soccer game and Thursday both boys have games PLUS I promised my friend I would stop by and see her son play Freshman Football. Friday night I'm at Hazel Park High School for a Vikette reunion. BUT!!!!! Saturday and Sunday are mine! I'll probably sneak up to my office were it is nice and quiet on the weekends.

I'm so happy right now--I could cry! And I am.