Wednesday, October 31, 2007

IT'S IN THE MAIL

I just dropped off the edited manuscript for Rock Star Mommy at the post office. I wanted to do it today, on Halloween, so I would have a reference to remember in years to come. I could say "I dropped off the final version on October 31."

When I initially decided to write a book, I always thought if I didn't sell it I would self-publish. When I opened the package containing all 190 pages of my manuscript and saw what it looked like, I was glad I didn't have to go that route. Every page was covered in red ink. I asked my editor about it and she said my MS had the"normal" amount of edits and she was really please with it.

The copy-editor did such a fantastic job with it. She found little inconsistencies that I never noticed and I've read it a hundred times.

So we are off to our annual neighborhood Halloween party at the Hartman's house. We are looking forward to the traditional dessert that looks like kitty litter and other frightening delicacies.

Happy Halloween!