Wednesday, October 3, 2007

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

Every once in a while I meet someone who is really inspiringly good. I would say Willie's Godfather is someone like that. He is so just and reputable, that he almost makes me feel guilty when I am near him.

Last night I went to a meeting to discuss this year's Youth Ministry program at St. Mary. Our director's name is Laura and she is amazing... so kind, patient, loving, accepting. I swear she glows--like the saints do on Holy Cards. Well this year our theme is going to be "Catholic Values". Laura had this great idea to pair the kids with adults living in a nearby nursing home. We'll be visiting them throughout the year and then ultimately interviewing them about their faith. We want to video the whole experience. I think it would make a cool documentary and I am excited to be a part of it.

“We are the stewards of creation and we need to take that responsibility seriously and co-operate to care for the created world." --Pope Benedict

Also, Pope Benedict is going to visit the United Nations in April and talk about Global Warming as a moral obligation. Laura was saying how important it is to teach the kids to a stand on issues--to speak out. So we are going to be following that news story and we too are going to take on "Global Warming" as a moral issue.

I wonder what the Pope would think about a mom that's in a rock band? ...Yeah, that's what I think too. I figure I better try to be good in the other aspects of my life. Pray for me.