Saturday, October 6, 2007

GAME BALL


Well I did it. I danced last night with the Hazel Park High School Vikettes and Willie said I was really good. (My Mom, Dad and Dylan came too. John was out of town.) Sometimes a person can just be proud for getting their butt off the couch and doing something whether they are good or bad. And that's how I felt last night. I was just proud to be there. Is was a little sad though to see how few people turned out for the game. Mrs. C. (the Vikette advisor) said that's why she wants to retire...so few parents care any more. When I was a Vikette 112 girls tried out. This year she only had 15 girls try out.

After the half time performance, we had a reception in the library and it looked exactly the same as when I went there. There is a painting of John Kennedy that looks like it hasn't been moved since the 1960s.

Today Willie had a soccer game in the sweltering October sun. Yikes! It sure doesn't feel like Fall. I was the line ref for the game and I was miserable. Willie earned the game ball this week so we have it in our house until next Saturday. We're very proud of him.

Dylan and I are going to the funeral home this afternoon. One of his teammate's father passed away. The whole freshman soccer team is going up together for support. It's very sad, but I am proud of the boys for their compassion for a teammate and friend.

When I get home I'm off to the office to work on my editor's comments.