Wednesday, January 9, 2008

WRITER'S CRAMPS

I interviewed Mr. Eddie Spaghetti of the Supersuckers today. He sure is nice and he is so articulate. In contrast, I probably seemed like a flake to him. I was so nervous. I told him I would try to make up for my lame interviewing skills with a really great article. I hope my notes are good!

I'm also doing a article for MichiganMoms Magazine! I spoke to the editor today. It's beginning to feel like I am a "real" writer. I remember when I first felt like a "real" guitarist. I had probably been performing with the Mydols for two years! And then one day, I said to myself, "Hey, I can play without looking at my hands!!!"

In some ways, I feel like my Mydols experiment led me to something I am finally good at. And no, it's not shredding a guitar but communicating--via songwriting, web design and now writing. I guess I have something to say.

And...I have my travel arrangements for The Big Idea Show. I feel like I should be writing "I can't believe it!" but the thing is I can. I read a lot of of how-to promote books and music newsletters, and I have learned to believe in myself. For instance, I am a faithful reader of the GoGirlsMusic newsletter. I want to thank Madalyn for the motivation she gives girls like me to follow their dreams. She knows her stuff and it works.