Saturday, January 12, 2008

THE BIG IDEA RESCHEDULED

I'll be on The Big Idea Thursday, January 17 at 10 PM ET (not Wednesday...they rescheduled.) I fly out of Detroit at 6:30 AM. In New York I'll be picked up by a driver and taken to the studio. I go directly into hair and makeup, tape the show and then get on a plane and fly home. If I am lucky, I'll be able to watch it on TV when I get home. (I land at around 9 PM.)

In the meantime, I am pre-taping a interview in Irvine, CA on Tuesday morning for a radio program. I am not sure when it will air.

I also got an email invitation from the Ann Arbor Book Fair today to appear on May 17. Imagine that? This is a really exciting time for me.

Sometimes this is all hard to believe, and I find myself asking myself how did I get to this place in life?

"The years teach much which the days never knew." Ralph Waldo Emerson

How true. When I look back, I see how everything I learned from being a mother helped me get to the point I am. Birthday party invitations became gig fliers. Planning the school fair for years helped me figure out how to organize Mamapalooza. And being the editor for the PTA Newsletter peaked my interest in writing.

Life is a road map. A journey. And it's all starting to make sense.