Friday, January 18, 2008

THE BIG IDEA



I still don't think I have recovered! I had so much fun taping The Big Idea. Everyone involved with the show is so nice from the producer down to the makeup artist (who made me look like Veronica Lake!)

I really enjoyed meeting Gary Coxe. He was most helpful to me. Coaching me. Showing me how to network. He's a really cool guy. And then there was Duff McKagan--a REAL rock star. He was so gracious and kind. As was his beautiful wife Susan. It was definitely cool to hang out with them for a few minutes in their green room.

Taping the show was fun and exciting. I was completely relaxed. I was looking forward to talking to Donny and I think it showed. Right before I went on, Melanie whispered to me, "Be happy. We like happy guests." The only shock was when Donny asked me to play. I knew there was a chance I might get to play with Duff, but there was no way I thought I get asked to play a solo! I turned around to grab my guitar and one of the stagehands looked at me and said "You can do it Judy." And I am gullible, so I believed him and I played and I was fine. I really want to thank that guy. He was like my angel.

My flight home was quite eventful. We had bad weather. The plane had to be de-iced. Some guy on board went nuts. The pilot had him kicked off so we had to go back to the terminal. I was 3 hours late getting home!

I went to bed at about 2 AM and got up at 6 AM. I was a zombie all day...but a happy zombie!

You can see the WHOLE interview by clicking on The Big Idea in my links section on the right.