Sunday, September 2, 2007

SUMMER OF LOVE

I'm writing this from the San Francisco International Airport. The Mydols played across the bay in Oakland this weekend at the Art & Soul Festival. Paige flew down from Seattle and we had a reunion of sorts.

The festival was great. I think we played pretty good considering we were unable to practice together. And it was so much fun hanging out with all the other bands. Joy Rose did a great job pulling everything together.

It's the second time we were flown somewhere, picked up by a driver, and put up in a nice hotel. We truly were treated like rock stars. (The other time was when we were on The Greg Behrendt Show.)

Filmmaker, Kate Perotti, hung out with us. She drove up from LA. Today we all went to the Summer of Love Concert in Golden Gate Park. There were over 100,000 people there. It was really fun but I am EXHAUSTED!!!! We did so much walking today--through the Mission, Haight-Asbury etc...I'm glad to be sitting down finally and I can't wait to get home!!! I miss my family so much.