Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE NOTE II

Today it is raining in Detroit. I have a boatload of work and a husband recovering from surgery. A sassy husband. He's very funny when he's lying on his back in pain. He's been cracking me up with his sarcasm all morning.

So it's a good day to catch up on some videos that I have been meaning to watch. I'm able to multi-task--working on web design, waiting on my husband and watching a movies. Today I've seen "Seven Pounds" and "The Note II". And I'm out of Kleenex.

My husband claimed he had NO interest in watching "The Note II", but he is in too much pain to complain about it. (He's a liar by the way, because I think he was more into the movie than me!) The movie stars Genie Francis and Ted McGinley. It will be released on DVD on May 5. I never saw the first "Note" but I enjoyed this movie anyway.

Genie Francis is a newspaper columnist who is facing a lot of challenges, as is her love interest. It's all kind of normal--job stuff, kid stuff and relationship stuff--that you confront when you reach a certain age. But is this case the ordinary becomes extraordinary. I don't want to give away too much because there are quite a few twists and turns, but in the end it's one of those inspiring movies that makes you reflect on your own life and your own values. I found it very peaceful to watch, even though I shed a few tears along the way!

If your mom is into inspirational love stories (like I am), she'd really enjoy this movie. I don't think it's a coincidence that it is being released in time for Mother's Day!