Sunday, April 5, 2009

MISSION: THE MISSION




I am really sore. I played soccer today and it was more work than usual. Some teams just play hard. They may not have the greatest talent, but don't tell them. They play every game like it's their last. The Mydols soccer team played a team like that today and I am whipped. Sooooo much running. So much chasing the ball up and down, up and down.

After my game I hobbled up to Ultimate Soccer for Dylan's soccer game. By contrast, his pitch is 4 times as big as the one I play on and he played the whole game. It seemed effortless to him, whereas after 10 minutes of my game I wanted to lay down. Well he is 16 and I am...well I am not 16.

Tonight my whole family is headed up to St. Mary. We are on the hospitality committee and we are serving coffee and cookies. Tonight is the first night of our parish Mission. I am looking forward to working with Mona all week--greeting, and serving refreshments.