Monday, September 22, 2008

PRESS AND BENEFITS

I saved a LOT of newspapers this weekend. The story I wrote about D-PAN appeared in two publications--Filter and The Mirror. AND the Free Press ran a nice little story with a BIG picture about our fundraiser for Carolyn Steele. Carolyn, who plays soccer for the Mydols soccer club, lost her eye in a freak accident. Her out of pocket medical expenses to date were $2000 and we raised $1800 last night!

I also went to a beneift for D-PAN (Deaf Performing Artists Network) on Friday night. It was really special. It was fascinating to see just about everyone in the audience signing. Makes me want to learn American Sign Language. The organizers did some fairly exciting things--like the dance floor moved to the sound of the music, as did some of the seating and they had video screens everywhere and bands played and people got on stage and signed the lyrics. You really had to be there. It was incredible.

I also dragged my son Dylan to my video production class. We can now officially check out the cameras, mics etc. I have so many ideas for TV shows. I can't wait to get started!