Monday, August 20, 2007

RAVENS, DOGS and BARACUDAs


I spent Saturday afternoon in Grand Rapids at a Freshman soccer scrimmage with Dylan. The boys had 3 games and were 1-1-1. They looked great. In the meantime, John stayed back with Willie and the dogs. They all went to a Dream Cruise party at the Cahaney's. (I was bummed I had to miss it.)
When Dylan and I got back, John told us how many people he ran into at the Cruise that knew Dylan was the only Freshman on the soccer team to run 3.5 miles in under 28 minutes. He's famous! And so is Barney. I guess every kid that saw him thought he was Underdog. I know what he's going to be for Halloween this year. (Ozzie is always a vampire.)
And speaking of Halloween costumes, a guy that I used to work with in the '90s has returned. He stopped by my desk and reminded me how I made his son a Barney (the purple dinosaur) costume many years ago. (His son is now 16.) He said his daughter ended up wearing it, and it is now in the possession of a neice. AWWW! Makes me want to pull out my sewing machine. Maybe I'll just make an Underdog costume tonight.