Thursday, January 7, 2010

PIRATE BOOTY

Okay...my kids get pizza. After all, they are beanpoles. Skinny. Skinny. Skinny. But they won't always have to not worry about their weight if they are anything like their parents.

Last fall the nice folks at Pirate Brands sent me some samples of their Pirate Booty. I go to school every day and half of my classmates are in their 20s (half my age!). So to be popular, I brought my samples with me. To my delight EVERYONE gobbled them up--even my teacher was impressed.

Yesterday Pirate Brand reminded me that a lot of people have set New Year's goals to lose weight. (I know my husband and I have.) And with the big game coming up, maybe it's time to think about some new snack offerings. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Here are some of the yummy Pirate samplings you can get:

Pirate’s Booty is a deliciously baked all-natural snack made from puffed rice and corn. Pirate’s Booty is only up to 130 calories per serving, is trans-fat and gluten free and comes in great subtle flavors like Aged White Cheddar, Veggie, Sour Cream & Onion, New York Pizza, Sea Salt & Vinegar and Barbeque. Pick up a 4 oz. bag for The Big Game.

Smart Puffs are all-natural corn puffs made with real Wisconsin cheddar that are baked to perfection. Smart Puffs are trans-fat and gluten free. A 4.5 oz. bag will surely score a touchdown at the Sunday party!

Original Tings are all-natural vegan crunchy corn sticks made from the finest milled American corn. Tings are trans-fat and gluten free. Pick up a 6 oz. bag to become the MVP in your house!

Try them out. You have nothing to lose but maybe a few inches off your waist!