Sunday, March 1, 2009

ECO STORE

This year I kind of made a resolution to be a better citizen of the earth. Inspired by Mydols' lead singer, April Boyle (whose leading the Green Drinks movement in Detroit), I'm trying to use products that don't contain nasty chemicals and reduce my family's carbon footprint.

Out of the blue, came my answer. I was asked if I wanted to try some products from the Eco Store and given a box of stuff to try.

I have spent the entire weekend testing the products. Not only is my home spotless but I am really impressed with the quality of the products.

First up: the Dishwash Liquid and Laundry Liquid are concentrated. For example, you only need a tiny capful of Laundry Liquid to do a load of wash. The container is about the size of a large bottle of shampoo! I loved carrying to my laundry room. It was so light compared to the enormous packaging of powdered detergent. The Dishwash Liquid also just requires a dab--for Lent I am trying to do dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher. (I think that should make God happy.)

I also used the Spray Cleaner on my stove top after my husband made spaghetti. It cleaned up his mess nicely. (Now if they could only send me a husband-in-a-box that cleans up after himself!)

The product I like the best was the nourishing Baby Moisteriser. It smells so good. Truly, it lifted my spirits and it made my skin so soft. I love it.

It's important to note, you don't have to sacrifice quality to be eco-friendly. And not only are you being very nice to the earth but you also do your kids a great service when you use products like these. The Eco Store says:

"Your family’s health is a priority to the team at ecostore USA. That is why we have produced a range of eco-friendlier kitchen cleaning products that are better for the earth, and better for your health too. We believe that by changing from the conventional cleaning products in your kitchen you are doing your family an important service, especially young children whose immune systems are still developing."
I feel better about myself and my house looks fantastic!

BTW...The Eco Store products are sold exclusively at the Meijers grocery store chain. Go to http://www.meijer.com/ to find a store near you.