Sunday, February 22, 2009

PREACHER CREATURE STRIKES ON SUNDAY

One of the great joys of being a "mom" blogger is getting sneak peaks at cool and interesting products for moms and kids. I recently received a copy of "Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday" by Mike Thaler to review.

As a busy mom, the first chance I got to read it was driving to Willie's soccer practice. NO! I didn't read it while I was driving. I had Willie read it to me. We both got a big kick out of it. It's very cute and funny--with a twist.

It's a playful look at CHURCH! That's right, I used playful and Church in the same sentence. It gives kids who complain about long sermons, readings and stiff pews a reason to get excited about Sunday mornings. Kids will love how the author explains religious traditions and moms will too. It'll all make crazy, unbelievable sense to everyone at the end of this very--as Willie put it--"creative" read.

Check out Mike Thaler at http://www.mikethaler.com/.