Monday, July 30, 2007

O CANADA

We are having a wonderful time on our vacation. We've been to Montreal, Quebec City, St. John, Prince Edward Island, Halifax, Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg....

Prince Edward Island is my favorite so far although Nova Scotia is perfectly lovely too. I bought a copy of Anne of Green Gables in P.E.I. after we saw Green Gables. I read the book as a child and saw the mini-series on TV. The story is so good. It's so much more special to read it after being there and seeing , for example, the Haunted Forest, that Anne and Diana walked through and of course being in the east gable. We also saw Lucy Maud Montgomery's house and I read her biography. She was a fascinating individual.

Today we head back to the states on a ferry to Bar Harbor, Maine. We've been to Maine a couple of times and absolutely love it, as we do Vermont. We're looking forward to some Ben and Jerry's ice cream.