Thursday, July 30, 2009

HEALTHY SNACKS



I recently received some lunch box products to test from Salba Smart--some healthy choices for the kids.

Well, I have to be honest when my sons saw the "heart healthy" claims they were less than enthusiastic. My oldest sons refused to try them, but I did. The tortilla chips and salsa were delicious.

I try to eat a lot of things that are "good" for you so I wasn't quite sure, so my "picky" husband was next to try. He loved them too! Still no takers from the kids.

I ended up bringing all the snacks on a long road trip to St. Louis and eventually the boys got hungry enough in the car to give the snacks a try. That ate my whole stash!

One of the things I really loved was the bag of the Salba grain itself. I add 1 tablespoon to my yogurt and it's delicious, and I get Omega-3, Calcium, Iron and antioxidants. Honestly, I feel better all day.

Here's a list of yummy Salba Smart products:

  • 100-calorie Bite Size Organic Tortilla Chips (0.7oz)
  • All Natural Whole Wheat Tortillas (10.5oz, 12.4oz, 20.8oz)
  • Pretzels made with organic flour in Sticks (7oz) and Thin Twisted (7oz)
  • NEW for fall 2009: Baked Potato Crisps made in Original, Bar-B-Que, and Cheddar & Sour Cream flavors.

For more information please visit http://www.salbasmart.com/.