Wednesday, January 21, 2009

FIRST DANCE


















Yesterday was such a happy day for me and my family. We gave up our weekends last summer, and a bedroom in our house (we had a campaign worker from California live with us) to see that this guy got elected. My kids both worked long hours too. And finally we saw the fruits of our labor. I picked up Dylan at school, Willie took the day off, and John and I left work early to watch President Obama get sworn in.

Willie and I had religious education classes last night and the 6th, 7th and 8th graders were definately excited about this man who makes them aspire to be smarter (as Beyonce said) and to give service (as Kid Rock said). I could feel the kids' energy. Obama enpowers them. We all prayed for him last night. It was so moving.

THEN we got home and turned on the TV and saw THE dance. I swooned.