Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CRAZED PARENT

I just found this review on the CRAZED PARENT blog. Cool!

Good reads: I also just finished reading the galley proof of Rock Star Mommy: My Life as A Rocker Mom by Judy Davids, the lead guitarist of the mom rock group The Mydols. A bunch of moms with no instrument experience whatsoever form a band and kick some serious boo-tay in Detroit. I can't say more about the book because it's not out yet, but I will admit that it got me very fired up about attending Ladies Rock Camp next spring. I'm ready to shred. And no, you can't have the galley proof.

We had a wonderful Christmas. We went to so many parties. It was great to see so many friends over the past week, but I am exhausted! As for Christmas day, we spent the morning with my parents playing Rock Band. It was a little weird to hear my mom sing Nirvana's "In Bloom". Later we spent the day with the Davids. It was fun to see Karl and Jenny. (Jenny took one of my galleys with her to read on the plane.) My best present? It was my father-in-law telling me how much he loves my book! AWWWWWW! (My mother-in-law is reading it too.)