Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last night the Mydols played Sounds and Spirits at the Magic Stick to raise money for C.O.T.S. Some of the best bands in Detroit were there. (I finally got to see the Satin Peaches!) As I was on stage looking at the crowd (some old friends from high school dropped by--see photo), I realized how lucky I am to be living my dream. Sure, the Mydols don't have gold records and Grammys, but we have had plenty of rock and roll moments (like last night)--maybe more than we deserve for 4 moms who have a hard time finding room to practice as much as we should.

With the release of our little 5 song promo CD, and our upcoming appearance on Gene Simmons Family Jewels next spring, I am looking forward to a great year for the band. In 2010 we'll be back in the studio recording more songs and hope to be everywhere there are moms and kids with dancing feet next summer!