Thursday, July 19, 2007

BOOKS FROM CITADEL

My friend Matt (lead singer for Cleveland's Amps II Eleven) emailed me a while back to tell me I was in very good company. Mr. Lemmy Kilmister is also on the Citadel imprint.

(I saw Motorhead with Paige about 5 years ago at the Royal Oak Music Theater. I think we were the only two females there. We walked to the concert which is one of the cool things about living in Royal Oak. I'm digressing...)

So I looked up books about musicians from Citadel on http://www.kensingonbooks.com/. I found quite a few including books on Led Zepplin and The Boss... and one on James Taylor. His song "Something in the Way She Moves" is one of my favorites. When I worked for a book compositor (Huron Valley Graphics) in Ann Arbor in my 20s there was a guy named Robert who made me a mix tape with all this great music. It had "Something" on it and "Buzzin' Fly" by Tim Buckley. I wore that tape out.